Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

When I remove "preview build" I stop getting a response from the server

Hi,

I've made leaderboards with gamesparks and all works well while I have a preview build on. I couldn't find any documentation on it but as the mouse over text says it "runs the game against a preview service". 
I suppose I have to remove that check mark when I'm shipping the game and when I do so my requests don't seem to be getting a response.

Any help?

Best Answer

Hi Sandro,

When you uncheck preview build, it is expected that you have made a snapshot of your game and published it, this is considered the "live" version of your settings. This allows you to continue working on the "preview" version of your game without users coming across code that isn't ready yet.

For your second question, it's really more of a code managment question. It's up to you to define in Unity on what platform something should run, check this out:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PlatformDependentCompilation.html

Since I can't edit my post, I'll add this here:
Could you also please tell me if there is an easy way to enable/disable gamesparks api for a given platform? I want to have it on windows phone but not on iOS and I don't think deleting every folder of Gamesparks is the best way to do this...

Answer

Hi Sandro,

When you uncheck preview build, it is expected that you have made a snapshot of your game and published it, this is considered the "live" version of your settings. This allows you to continue working on the "preview" version of your game without users coming across code that isn't ready yet.

For your second question, it's really more of a code managment question. It's up to you to define in Unity on what platform something should run, check this out:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PlatformDependentCompilation.html

Thanks, I didn't know about the snapshot.
Unfortunately code management doesn't cut it because when I build on iOS I get tons of errors regarding GameSparks even if I write everything GS on WP8 only. But my main question has been answered, thank you!

Once we publish a version to make it live, how do we know on which mode our builds are made?(Live or Preview)

Is it just by "Debug" flag alone?

Thanks,

Ayyappa.

No I think it's the Preview Build flag. If it's checked, you're build runs in the test server space, and once you uncheck it it runs in the real one. If you want to publish, make sure it is unchecked

Ooops! yea , got it! Thanks Sandro.

you're most welcome ; )

Hello, I have the same problem, I did a Snapshot on Gamesparks side and is has a green background color, so I assume it is working, but my game still doesn't work with "Preview Build" unchecked, do I have to wait some time until it will be available or am I doing something wrong?

3 people like this
Login to post a comment