Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Deleting Entries from leaderboard

Hi

Could anyone please tell me how to delete entries in a leaderboard via the NoSQL area please? I followed the example in the tappy bird video but i do not get any icons to delete the entries within the console? i.e should there not be icons on the right hand side when i expand an entry?

Best Answer

Hi Will,

It's just called Leaderboards now so you are already in the right place. If you click the edit button beside your Leaderboard you will be presented with the screen below, from here you can delete all entries or just manually delete a select few.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Molvia,

This can be accomplished via the Manage tab in the portal. select Dynamic Leaderboards and you will be presented with a list of your current leaderboards.

You can then delete all or specific entries.

Thanks.

Oisin.

I am currently trying to delete my leaderboard entries. However when I click the manage tab I don't see any Dynamic Leaderboards.

Here are some screen grabs

Answer

Hi Will,

It's just called Leaderboards now so you are already in the right place. If you click the edit button beside your Leaderboard you will be presented with the screen below, from here you can delete all entries or just manually delete a select few.

Thanks,

Liam

Brilliant thank you

It says "Form configuration not available on live".

Is it possible to delete entries in Live too?

Hi Irakli,

Yes it is possible but you need to have a published Administration Snapshot .When you click into the Manage Tab you will see it. Once you have one published you can go in and edit your live Leaderboards.

Thanks,

Liam

Thanks Liam,

Awesome support!

Sorry similar question to leaderboard entries. But how do I delete players? I've created a load of test accounts but I want to delete them now. 

You can delete players from NoSQL database.

Brilliant thanks

You're welcome.

But, I can't find a way to remove multiple users. Deleting users one-by-one take too much time.

Maybe support can tell us a better way.

You can remove multiple users by going to the "Remove" tab in the NoSQL explorer and running the query:

{}

This will delete all users.  Make sure you also delete their entries in other parts of your NoSQL database as well, otherwise you'll just have a bunch of orphaned data.

Hi Guys,

I'd recommend against manually deleting players like this from NoSql as it can cause issues with other system collections. If you really need to delete a player then please make use of the SparkPlayer deletePlayer call. It will delete the given player and any associated data from system collections safely.

Regards,

Liam

Since I have custom runtime collections for every player, I actually wrote a CLEAR_ALL_PLAYER_DATA script that might be useful for anyone else needing to clear out test data safely.  It takes an attribute called "code" which is used as a password to make sure you want to do it.  Every player has an entry in the "buddySystem" runtimeCollection that includes their playerId.

I would highly recommend having this available in any production environment, as it's pretty destructive. 

if(Spark.getData().code !== "confirmed") {
    Spark.exit();
}

var allEntries = Spark.runtimeCollection("buddySystem").find({});

while(allEntries.hasNext()){
    var entry = allEntries.next();
    var player = Spark.loadPlayer(entry.playerId);
    player.disconnect(true);
    player.deletePlayer();
}

Spark.runtimeCollection("buddySystem").remove({});

Login to post a comment