Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Dynamic Forms API; Send data to Snippet using method other than URL GET

Is there a way to pass data to a Snippet in the Dynamic Forms API other than encoding the data in the URL?

Currently, it seems that the only way to pass data into a snippet is to encode it in the "url" of the snippet, e.g;

<gs-snippet snippet="my_snippet?myData=some_data"></gs-snippet>

I'm worried about hitting a size limit with regards to the length of my url with this method, as well as it making some difficult to read code, if you have lots of variables to pass.

Best Answer

Hi David,

Going to pass in Mantas' answer from the ticket you logged originally when you posted this:

"The idea behind Snippets/Screens was that you in fact wouldn't pass a lot of data, but rather work out what you need from a small sample of data within the Snippet itself i.e. all of players details from a player id."

1 Comment

Answer

Hi David,

Going to pass in Mantas' answer from the ticket you logged originally when you posted this:

"The idea behind Snippets/Screens was that you in fact wouldn't pass a lot of data, but rather work out what you need from a small sample of data within the Snippet itself i.e. all of players details from a player id."

Login to post a comment