Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Anyway to get Push Notifications to show up while in game?

I have my push notification code working for iOS and I am seeing them being sent.  However, they are only being sent when the other person is not in the game.  When in the game, and the action happens that should send a message to the opponent, the message doesn't get sent.  But if that user who should receive the push notification has their phone at the home screen or if the phone is in sleep mode, it works fine.

Is there anyway to force it to show the push notification while in the game?

On a related note - is there a simple way to make it so if the user swipes/accepts the push notification, that it can take an action, such as opening the game and taking their next turn (after a "turn taken" message has been sent to them)?

Best Answer

Hi Andrew ,

On the GameSparks Portal, if you navigate to "Message Configuration" (Configurator/Messages), and edit your messages you can set the "Suppress Push On Socket Send" to OFF.

This should send over  both Sockets and Notification Servers.

As for your second question, unfortunately I am not sure how you would make a Push Notification take an additional action within iOS or Android.

Thanks,

Oisin

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Andrew ,

On the GameSparks Portal, if you navigate to "Message Configuration" (Configurator/Messages), and edit your messages you can set the "Suppress Push On Socket Send" to OFF.

This should send over  both Sockets and Notification Servers.

As for your second question, unfortunately I am not sure how you would make a Push Notification take an additional action within iOS or Android.

Thanks,

Oisin

Login to post a comment