Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Android Push Notifications!

Hi Devs

Has anyone got Android Notifications working on their game? Im using Unity3D and have registered the user for GCM using native code and successfully registered their registerationID using PushRegistrationRequest but i have had no push notifications being received by any of my devices.

I have added the API Key to the Integrations segment and linked the API to the application on the play store. but still i get nothing.

Kind Regards

Abdullah

Best Answer

Ahhh thanks.

Ye there was an error in my native code. I was checking for the content_title string but it doesn't exist in the json. So i just edited it.

Thanks.

Hi Abdullah,

Looks like you have completed all the steps correctly on the GameSparks end.

There may be an issue on the Unity side of the configuration.

If you try this in Test Harness are your Pushes coming through?

Thanks, 

Oisin

How do i try it on the Test Harness?

Hi Abdullah,

I think what Oisin meant was that if you locate the problem in Unity (or the plugin you are using to catch the Notifications) you can send ScriptMessages from cloud code to a specified user, which should make testing if they work a bit easier.

We've had a look into your game and it seems like the push notifications are reaching Google's servers, they would otherwise return an error (however we can only see the preview versions push information). Once they reach Google's servers we have no way of knowing why they haven't reached the end user.

Shane

Answer

Ahhh thanks.

Ye there was an error in my native code. I was checking for the content_title string but it doesn't exist in the json. So i just edited it.

Thanks.

Hi,

Abdullah Awan

Im using Unity3D and i want to register my device with GCM service. As you mentioned  "Im using Unity3D  and have registered the user for GCM using native code" can you please tell me how to retrieve registrationID from GCM without using 3rd party unity pluggins(using native code).

Thanks

Mohan 

I'm actually using an ANE for our ActionScript project and successfuly retrieving the RegistrationId but it looks like we have something missing since when we use that Id to test the push in the test harness it always returns Error 401, any idea why?

Thanks

Login to post a comment