Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

maxTurns in Challenge configuration

What does maxTurns in Challenge api mean?  and how to use it?

Best Answer

Hi Shane, after a long discussion with Gabriel these are the details I got. Correct me if I misunderstood.

Challenges which don't need opponents to accept the invitation for starting turns

- Needs to set as non-turn based game.

- Must HAVE leaderboard linked to the challenge  (else its not advancing for each LogChallengeRequest).

- If player reaches MaxAttempts, the system will check if all the players who ACCEPTED by that time reached maxTurns or not.

- Note that if a person challenges and finishes his turns before others accepting his request, the game will get closed as only one player is available who is in accepted list and completed max_turns. For this we need to auto accept the request in the cloud for opponents.

- The whole challenge will have 1 round* in which each player will have MaxAttempts turns.

Challenges which need opponents to accept the invitation for starting turns:

- This is normal Turn-based game where Match starts once after all opponents accepts the invitations and the one who accepts last will have first chance to play.

- No need of leaderboard to get linked.

- Can consider MaxAttempts as MaxTurns . The Challenge will get closed after MaxAttempts count.

- The whole challenge will have MaxAttempts rounds in which each player will have 1 turn chance.

Round- i mean if two players play a challenge, if both finish their turns its considered one round.

Thanks,

Ayyappa.

Hi Ayyappa,

We've renamed "maxTurns" to "maxAttempts", it is still functionally the same. When creating a challenge you can specify how many attempts/turns you will a player to have and if a player reaches this amount of turns, they will be prevented from logging another ChallengeEventRequest against this challenge instance.

If all players reach their max attempts/turns I believe the game may end in a draw. If not it will end in a draw when the end time is met.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I tried exactly what you said. I set non-turn based and fixed 2 max attempts. After two attempts also its allowing me to post further. Does LogChallengeEvent updates the turn count/attempt count?

Please refer ticket for further info : https://support.gamesparks.net/support/tickets/372

Have you set the specific event to be the Turn/Attempt Consumer in the Challenge in the Configurator. Only the event declared here will consume a turn.

Shane

Answer

Hi Shane, after a long discussion with Gabriel these are the details I got. Correct me if I misunderstood.

Challenges which don't need opponents to accept the invitation for starting turns

- Needs to set as non-turn based game.

- Must HAVE leaderboard linked to the challenge  (else its not advancing for each LogChallengeRequest).

- If player reaches MaxAttempts, the system will check if all the players who ACCEPTED by that time reached maxTurns or not.

- Note that if a person challenges and finishes his turns before others accepting his request, the game will get closed as only one player is available who is in accepted list and completed max_turns. For this we need to auto accept the request in the cloud for opponents.

- The whole challenge will have 1 round* in which each player will have MaxAttempts turns.

Challenges which need opponents to accept the invitation for starting turns:

- This is normal Turn-based game where Match starts once after all opponents accepts the invitations and the one who accepts last will have first chance to play.

- No need of leaderboard to get linked.

- Can consider MaxAttempts as MaxTurns . The Challenge will get closed after MaxAttempts count.

- The whole challenge will have MaxAttempts rounds in which each player will have 1 turn chance.

Round- i mean if two players play a challenge, if both finish their turns its considered one round.

Thanks,

Ayyappa.

Login to post a comment