Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

UE4 plugin

Hey folks looking for the UE4 integration that is mentioned for GameSparks but can't find anything.  Opened a ticket to get more info and no reply.  Is anyone using the UE4 plugin?

Best Answer

Hi Robert, 

For anyone looking for the current SDK it can be found here.

Currently the SDK does not fully support the BluePrint visual scripting of UE4 beyond Connect/Disconnect

We're aiming for the end of May with this.

I'll contact you once there is an update.

Thanks.

Oisin.

1 person has this question

I'm interested in an answer to this as well.

We have made some significant improvements to the SDK which includes implementing their new blue print system as well as other key optimization features. If you are prepared to hold out another week or two until we finishing the testing stage, we can then offer it for you to use.

If you use the old SDK now and switch to the new you will end up having to re do work to upgrade to a better system which is why it is currently not up for download.

Shane

Any status on the plugin?

Any news on documentation for UE4? Got the plugin installed but no idea where to start!

Plugin status?

Answer

Hi Robert, 

For anyone looking for the current SDK it can be found here.

Currently the SDK does not fully support the BluePrint visual scripting of UE4 beyond Connect/Disconnect

We're aiming for the end of May with this.

I'll contact you once there is an update.

Thanks.

Oisin.

Any update on the UE4 SDK? I know you guys said it would be available at the end of May and your homepage says you fully support blueprints.

Any news about UE4 Blueprint integration?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Maybe you guys are too busy with the Unity plugin, ehhh?

Hi All

We're just finishing off the new version of the UE4 SDK with full blueprint support for all requests / responses & messages. 

We should have this available for beta early next week. Would you like to be involved in this ?

Gabriel

Yes, of course :)

Please contact me when every source will be available.

Same here please.

Hello,

I'm currently using PlayFab for a project (with a plugin developped by an UE community member to expose functions in blueprints), but i'm really interested by what Gamesparks offers.
Would it be possible to have the UE SDK with full blueprints support you mentioned to compare the solutions ?

Thanks.

Hi Guys

The UE4 plugin is now almost complete, for those of you who still want an early view, the latest build is here (it's too large to attach to the post).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrmcvwt86hnevww/GameSparksUnreal48-6.zip?dl=0 

The reason the SDK is so large is we need to include a prebuilt openssl library for all supported platforms.

All requests / responses & messages are auto generated, and our build process will keep them up to date as we deploy new version of the server.

The sample project contains a Game mode blueprint which deals with connecting and disconnecting, then there is a “GameSparks Stuff” blueprint that shows the usage of the SDK.

Aside from the auto generated requests, there are a few objects that allow you to manage the SDK and the data you send:

GameSparksComponent - Deals with connecting and disconnecting the SDK and allows you to process debug messages generated by the SDK

GSMessageHanders - Allows you to bind to asynchronous messages delivery events

UGameSparksScriptData is an object that allows you to build a JSON structure to attach to your requests

We'll be getting the documentation ready over the next week and plan to release the SDK asap. In the meantime, the samples provided should give you a good indication of how to use the SDK.

The SDK is compatible with both 4.7 and 4.8

Let me know how you get on.

Gabriel

Login to post a comment