Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

unlink a facebook account (disconnect)

In our game we support linking a Facebook account to share leaderboard score. So I used a FacebookConnectRequest which connect the initial "device" authentication with a FB authToken. But some players want to "unlink" their accounts from FB because they don't want to share scores with their friends anymore. 

How can I unlink a FB account from a player and break the friendship relationship when showing a leaderboard using SocialLeaderboardDataRequest?

Best Answer
Hey Dan,

You can use SocialDisconnect request [https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/request-api/player-request-api/socialdisconnectrequest].
This will strip all the SSO tokens and settings from and account and leave you with a normal GameSparks account.

Sean

Currently there's no way of unlinking, it's definitely in the backlog though and I pass it on to the dev team to increase it's priority. I'll update this topic when more information becomes available.

Shane

Shane - any update on this?

Answer
Hey Dan,

You can use SocialDisconnect request [https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/request-api/player-request-api/socialdisconnectrequest].
This will strip all the SSO tokens and settings from and account and leave you with a normal GameSparks account.

Sean

Hi,

My players use DeviceAuthenticationRequest and then I link them with FB.

Now I'm implementing SocialDisconnectRequest for those whom may have 2 devices and want to disconnect one and connect the other.

But I tried and got the error {"password": "NOT_SET"}.

I really don't want to ask the user username/password that's why I use DeviceAuthRequest

Is there any way to disconnect from FB without setting a password?

Thanks.

HI,

I would be interested in the response.

Why would me need a password if players are DeviceAuthenticationRequest ?

Thanks

Eric

Hi all,

The reason you cannot do this is because you stand a very high chance of losing the link to your data by doing it. If the player unlinks a social account and is then on a device with a new deviceId then they will lose access to their data the next time they authenticate via device authentication. What exactly is the use case here ?

Regards,

Liam

Login to post a comment