Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Large-scale push notifications

Is it possible to do large scale notifications? 

Which is basically sending a message to all the players in the database. Our current use case is the 'new levels available" notifications.

I'm quite sure that I can do it with cloud code probably using SparkScheduler to split the job into small bucket of players (around 100) based on some filtering. I dont' care if some recently added players are skipped. But to better manage the server load I would imagine that a gamespark service for that is better.

Best Answer

Your Cloud Code solution would be the best way to go about this at the moment. We are currently developing our Administration Screens which you can hook up to Cloud Code. That way you can create a text box and a button, hook it up to cloud code and have a nice, easy way of sending out a push notification whenever you like without using the Schedular, all within the Portal.

The SparkSchedular is load balanced so I wouldn't worry about server load as we can handle it.

Shane

1 Comment

Answer

Your Cloud Code solution would be the best way to go about this at the moment. We are currently developing our Administration Screens which you can hook up to Cloud Code. That way you can create a text box and a button, hook it up to cloud code and have a nice, easy way of sending out a push notification whenever you like without using the Schedular, all within the Portal.

The SparkSchedular is load balanced so I wouldn't worry about server load as we can handle it.

Shane

Login to post a comment