Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Currency and Challenges

Hi,

I come from Scoreloop and I want to develop on GameSparks same services than Scoreloop practically. My question is about currency, can I define a currency which is increased unlocking achievements and purchasing with in-app purchases? And what about challenges? can a user post a challenge decreasing his balance and earning his and opponents coins if won the challenge? is that included on GameSparks or have to be developed with CloudCode?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
Hey Arturo,

To answer the first part of your question, yes you can award currency with achievements. When you add a new achievement you will see the 6 currency slots available, you just assign the value to the relevant currency slot and when a player wins the achievement they will also get the value in currency.

For virtual goods you will see the option under "type" where you can change ot from a good to a currency pack then assign the relevant value the same as achievements.

In challenges a player can wager an amount against another player so effectively bet their currency against another player and the winner gets the total amount. There is more details in the documentation.

https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/request-api/challenges-request-api/createchallengerequest 

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Answer
Hey Arturo,

To answer the first part of your question, yes you can award currency with achievements. When you add a new achievement you will see the 6 currency slots available, you just assign the value to the relevant currency slot and when a player wins the achievement they will also get the value in currency.

For virtual goods you will see the option under "type" where you can change ot from a good to a currency pack then assign the relevant value the same as achievements.

In challenges a player can wager an amount against another player so effectively bet their currency against another player and the winner gets the total amount. There is more details in the documentation.

https://docs.gamesparks.net/documentation/request-api/challenges-request-api/createchallengerequest 

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Perfect, everything is supported then. Thanks!

No Problem,

Jamie

Login to post a comment