Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

GameSparksAndroidApi.initialise() is a blocking code

Hi,

I am developing an android app and i find that GameSparksAndroidApi.initialise() method is a blocking method. I try call this method in background task, but apparently this method should be called in UI thread. This will produce a bad experience in my UI.

Then I open the code (SDK version 1.1 RC6.3) and find that the blocking method is GameSparksAndroidApi.connect() that called in GameSparksAndroidApi.initialise(). I have tried comment this call in GameSparksAndroidApi.initialise() and call it manually in background task. And it works fine so far.

Is it okay to do this (license-wise and code-wise) ?

Or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks!

Ramdhany

Best Answer

It's perfectly fine to initialise GameSparks from whatever point you wish, though the sooner the better, as we can start collecting analytics / logging them in as soon as the player starts the program for a better experience.

1 Comment

Answer

It's perfectly fine to initialise GameSparks from whatever point you wish, though the sooner the better, as we can start collecting analytics / logging them in as soon as the player starts the program for a better experience.

Login to post a comment