Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Uncheck Development Build

Hi.

What do I need to do to uncheck development build in unity sdk?

The game works well until checking development build option. 

But when I uncheck this option in GameSparksSettings, GS service doesn't work.

What do I have to do?

And also the game works well but when I run it on android tablet, invoking FacebookConnectRequest() method, it causes error.

Please tell me what is the problem.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Cheng Liu,

The issue is around the publishing process.  When development build is checked, Unity is pointed at the Preview environment on GameSparks and so it all works.  When you uncheck this box, the Unity SDK expects to be pointing at a Live snapshot so if you have not published the snapshot on the GameSparks side then it will stop working.

This should resolve your issues.  Let us know if you have any other issues.

Regards,

John.

1 person has this question

Answer

Cheng Liu,

The issue is around the publishing process.  When development build is checked, Unity is pointed at the Preview environment on GameSparks and so it all works.  When you uncheck this box, the Unity SDK expects to be pointing at a Live snapshot so if you have not published the snapshot on the GameSparks side then it will stop working.

This should resolve your issues.  Let us know if you have any other issues.

Regards,

John.

I have the same issue, I have a snapshot published in GameSparks and my game was built with Development Build (Unity) and Preview Build (GameSparkSettings) unchecked but it doesn't work when it's installed on the phone, although it works well in Unity Editor.
am I missing some extra configuration, code initialization?

2 people like this

Does this take some time before stats are showing Analytics? I've noticed the same issues as the original post after unchecking dev and preview build in Unity so is there a time delay in seeing results?

Thanks

Bob

Furthermore on my previous comment, I have a published Snapshot.

1 person likes this

I think I'm going to go with another BaaS as GameSparks documentation seems very out of date and with no actual tutorials to get it to work properly it's pointless even to try.

2 people like this

Hi Robert,

Analytics can be a few minutes behind when generating in the Portal. I can see some data in the Analytics tab for both of your games but they both have a low MAU count. When viewing your Analytics Data the tab will open on preview, you can click on the drop down menu to switch to the data from the live snapshot.

If you're having issues with some parts of the documentation please log a ticket here detailing them. The support team will be more than happy to go through any area you are having trouble with. 

Thanks,

Liam

Also having the same issue, we have development and preview build unchecked, the GS sdk updated, and a live snapshot online. Everything works on IOS and Unity Editor but our Android version is stuck in preview mode. Please take this issue seriously.

Login to post a comment