Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Read/Write XML

Hi,

I read the manual and I saw that it's possible to process already uploaded XML files but as read only.

I would like to know if there is a way to upload XML files to the server and be able to update them later.

Is there a way to achieve this without having to save the XML as a string on a collection?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Antonio,

Although you can upload, download and read XML files on the platform, we don't support modifying them.

In order to perform CRUD operations on structured data, we recommend you create runtime collections on Mongo.  Although you can - we recommend you don't store XML as a string in these collections but rather use JSON as it will be both more performant (there is native support between our Cloud Code and Mongo that is more efficient than having to serialise and deserialise complex XML objects)  and easier for you to query.  

Hope this helps.

John.

1 Comment

Answer

Antonio,

Although you can upload, download and read XML files on the platform, we don't support modifying them.

In order to perform CRUD operations on structured data, we recommend you create runtime collections on Mongo.  Although you can - we recommend you don't store XML as a string in these collections but rather use JSON as it will be both more performant (there is native support between our Cloud Code and Mongo that is more efficient than having to serialise and deserialise complex XML objects)  and easier for you to query.  

Hope this helps.

John.

Login to post a comment