Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

ListInviteFriends

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to retrieve the facebook friends of my users, I've managed successfully to register the user using the authtoken, but when trying in the test harness the ListInviteFriends request, always returns null.

I've read that Facebook changed some policies about retrieving friends, does GameSparks still support this feature?

Thank you!

Best Answer

I know this post is old but in the interest of having up to date information on the Support site, I thought I'd answer.

Facebook changed their policy so that only Friends who have also authorised your app will be returned when requesting friends.

So you need to make sure that some of the users friends have also authorised your app and then they should get returned by GameSparks.   

If you are using Test Users in Facebook Developer -> Roles -> Test Users then you can have them authorise when you create them, or you can authorise them by requesting their access token (click the padlock symbol in line with their name).

Answer

I know this post is old but in the interest of having up to date information on the Support site, I thought I'd answer.

Facebook changed their policy so that only Friends who have also authorised your app will be returned when requesting friends.

So you need to make sure that some of the users friends have also authorised your app and then they should get returned by GameSparks.   

If you are using Test Users in Facebook Developer -> Roles -> Test Users then you can have them authorise when you create them, or you can authorise them by requesting their access token (click the padlock symbol in line with their name).

https://support.gamesparks.net/support/discussions/topics/1000040354

Second Answer (Issue N. 2)