Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Understanding turn-based play

I'm still having a little trouble figuring out exactly how GameSparks maps to iOS Game Center. Obviously it's more powerful, but all we really want is cross-platform Game Center turn-based capability.

I think part of the problem may be that Game Center has matches and challenges. GameSparks uses "challenge" to mean match (I think), but it's far more general.

I'm just not seeing the equivalent of -[GKTurnBasedMatch endTurnWithNextParticipants:…] which ends one player turn and notifies the next. Maybe it’s LogChallengeEventRequest and the difference of all the names is throwing me (because that sounds to me like Game Center's -issueChallengeToPlayers: message).

Best Answer

A GameSparks challenge is highly customisable, it allows developers to architect their own system through which one or more users can play against each other. You can enforce weather users must play in turn, if they can wager currency, and code your own rules to determine what data to pass in and what defines a winner.

Score based asynchronous challenge

Unity tic tac toe challenge tutorial

We have a new feature called "Matches" which like many popular games will allow you to find users of a similar level to you to create a challenge with. We allow you full control over what defines a level and how a user progresses. You can choose to implement an ELO rating system or design your own.

How to match players

To end a turn you must specify the Turn Consumer event in the challenge set up:

Or if you wish to determine the outcome in Cloud Code you can use ConsumeTurn

Shane

Answer

A GameSparks challenge is highly customisable, it allows developers to architect their own system through which one or more users can play against each other. You can enforce weather users must play in turn, if they can wager currency, and code your own rules to determine what data to pass in and what defines a winner.

Score based asynchronous challenge

Unity tic tac toe challenge tutorial

We have a new feature called "Matches" which like many popular games will allow you to find users of a similar level to you to create a challenge with. We allow you full control over what defines a level and how a user progresses. You can choose to implement an ELO rating system or design your own.

How to match players

To end a turn you must specify the Turn Consumer event in the challenge set up:

Or if you wish to determine the outcome in Cloud Code you can use ConsumeTurn

Shane

the link above for "Unity tic tac toe challenge tutorial" does not work, can you provide a link to a working turn based game with Unity

Login to post a comment