Sign In Register

How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Querying NoSql GameSparks database

Hi, 

There is some way to querying NoSql GameSparks database from an external application?

We have the idea of build our own data visualizer for analytics purposes using data from GameSparks.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi Fabian

We are in the process of adding export functionality to the NoSQL page, but your suggestion of a remote query api is interesting.

If we limit this to find we could have something ready in a couple of weeks.

Perhaps you could let us know a little more about your requirements and we can get a plan together!

Gabriel

Actually, would it be possible for me to implement this using the normal user authentication and a cloud script? 

Seems like I could put a special 'admin' bool in the private data of the 'admin' player. Then make a new LogEvent shortcode like "QUERY" - put the query in the LogEventRequest's scriptData - handle it in cloud code if the sending player has the admin flag - return the results in the LogEventResponse.

Hi James,

You can access the your collections using the NoSql REST API if you wish. You could also return the queried data as scriptData too depending on it's size. It's worth reading through the System Limits documentation page before you decide which way to go here. 

Thanks,

Liam

Answer

Hi Fabian

We are in the process of adding export functionality to the NoSQL page, but your suggestion of a remote query api is interesting.

If we limit this to find we could have something ready in a couple of weeks.

Perhaps you could let us know a little more about your requirements and we can get a plan together!

Gabriel

Nevertheless, I would also be very interested in querying the NoSQL / MongoDB database directly from inside the UnitySDK!

The big advantage is: very often your application already knows which content to store/load etc. and also knows the structure of the data. That's why the intermediate step with cloud code is not needed and I think this would further improve the performance of database accesses a lot.

Is there a plan to support a query API?

Of cource, someone could write a simple cloud script which passes the query directly to the NoSQL database but this is really a dirty hack instead of a clean API implementation inside the GameSparks API.

Can you re-open the question? The question was to have a query API for "external applications" to directly query the NoSQL database.

Find would be great. I'd love to grab the data and stick it into some standard table i can actually read, and sort.

Login to post a comment